Environmental conditions and anthropogenic impacts are key influences on ecological processes and associated ecosystem services. Effective management of Tonga’s marine ecosystems therefore depends on accurate and up-to-date knowledge of environmental and anthropogenic variables. Although many types of environmental and anthropogenic data are now available in global layers, they are often inaccessible to end users, particularly in developing countries with limited accessibility and analytical training.
The development of the haul out and storage facility, especially catering to the requirements of visiting yachts and locally based commercial boats in the Vaipua area on the outskirts of Neiafu, Vava’u.
This EIA is therefore primarily concerned with development activities including the construction of a slipway (92m by 6m) and land clearance of surrounding vegetation as well as specific operational activities with potential negative environmental impacts.
This National Infrastructure Investment Plan (NIIP) outlines the Government of Tonga’s priorities and plans for major initiatives in economic infrastructure (energy, telecommunications, water, solid waste management, and transport) over the next five to 10 years.
The Tonga State of the Environment 2018 report has been developed to answer three key questions related
to the environment of Tonga, and is based on seven thematic areas:
• What is the current condition of the Tongan environment?
• What are the risks the Tongan environment faces and what measures have been put forward to minimise them? This could provide lessons for Tonga.
• Where is the environment of Tonga headed based on the assessed thematic areas?
Tonga’s State of Environment Report 2018 is complete and currently awaiting official approval and launch. The report is based on 7 thematic areas and it was developed to answer 3 key questions related to the environment;
1. What is the current condition of the Tongan environment?
2. What are the risks the Tongan environment faces and what measures have been put forward to minimise them
3. Where is the environment of Tonga headed based on the assessed thematic areas?
Tonga's Environment Data Portal was employed as the tool for SOE data storage and sharing